Please use the form below to send me questions about indexing your book. Ask me anything:
- what the process entails
- how I work
- what the pricing might be
- timeframes, etc.
I look forward to talking about working together on your project. (And submitting this form will not put you on any mailing lists, so no worries about spam.)
In general, I can say these things about any indexing project:
- I charge by the indexable page.
- To give you a price and timeline for your indexing project, I’ll need:
- at least two chapters from the interior of the book (i.e., not the first or last chapter) – PDFs are fine for this
- a sense of how much depth you want the indexing to go (light, medium, heavy)
- how many pages the manuscript is
- when the pages will be available and what your desired deadline is
- Things that are likely to drive up the per-page price:
- short deadlines
- highly technical content
- heavy depth of indexing
- inclusion of figures, tables, and illustrations in the index
- edited volumes
- separate name and/or title indexes
Every project is unique, so reach out and let’s start a conversation.